This Notice applies to data that is held by Viking Systems Limited and to the website situated at www.harbourassist.com (Website) which is operated by Viking Systems Limited and we are committed to providing and protecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data that will be processed by us that is: (i) provided to us from a harbour or port (Harbour) to whom we provide Harbour Assist software (Software) and for which we act as data processor pursuant to the terms of the Software agreement; (ii) that we collect from you; or (iii) that you provide to us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our Website www.harbourassist.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
The data controller and data processor (as applicable) is Viking Systems Ltd (crn 08813662) of Delancey House, Bodmin Hill, Lostwithiel, Cornwall, PL22 0HU.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information we receive from Harbours. This is information we receive about you if you are a visitor to a Harbour that uses the Software. You should be given a data processing notice and have authorised the processing or your data by us for the purposes of your contract with the Harbour which we do pursuant to a licence of the Software which incorporates a data processing agreement. We will also search Post Code Look up to check addresses. In this instance the relevant Harbour is the data controller and we are the data processor and act in accordance with the Harbour’s instructions.
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.harbourassist.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- Information we collect about you if you visit our site. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following non personal technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
The categories of data that we hold are names, addresses, phone numbers and boat registration/ownership details.
PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER INDIVIDUALS
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices;
REASONS FOR AND BASIS OF PROCESSING
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information we receive from Harbours. We will use this information for the purposes of performing our obligations under the Software agreement with the Harbour and as set out above. The data is processed within the Software which is situated on sub contracted servers (see “where we store your personal data and security” below) to enable the Harbour and you to perform your respective obligations under your contract with the Harbour. We are acting as data processor and can only act in accordance with instructions from the relevant Harbour.
- Information you give to us. We will use this information to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services relevant to and in the performance of those contracts;
- Technical information. We may process analytical data (which does not include personal information) in relation to visits to our site on the basis of our legitimate interests seeking to develop our own business but we do not carry out any automatic profiling.
- We will only process your data for marketing by us if you have consented to this and you may withdraw your consent at any time.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- sub-contractors/suppliers (in relation to information provided to us by the Harbours we currently use Microsoft Azure platform for storage of our Software including your data and we use Microsoft Office 365 for our email); and
- if appropriate, other business partners/agents/consultants;
We will only otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell our business in which case we may disclose personal data to the buyer.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce our legal rights.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for any other purpose including marketing.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND SECURITY
If we have received your data from a Harbour then we use Microsoft Azure to host the Software who in turn are data processors because your data is stored within their servers. The Microsoft Azure platform that we currently use and Microsoft Office 365 server is situated in Ireland. We will take all appropriate technical and organisation measures to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy Notice. The data that we collect from you will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). We will only store your data for as long as is necessary for us to comply with our obligations to the Harbour under the Software agreement and in relation to general legal and regulatory requirements.
If you have supplied your data to us or we have collected it about you other than in relation to the Software then we will keep your data securely on our desktop computers or within our office.
DURATION OF STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
We will store data that we receive from Harbours in relation to individuals for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract with the respective Harbour as data processor and as directed by the Harbour as the relevant data controller.
Where we hold data as data controller then we will hold the data for as long as is necessary for the duration of any agreement and any longer period for us to comply with applicable law (e.g. audit) or in other cases for the duration of the period necessary for the purpose that you provided the data to us or to which you have consented (e.g. any marketing).
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
- email, call or write to us (see ‘Contact’ below)
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, user name, registration details), and
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with
You also have the right to access your information, of erasure, restrictions on processing, objection to processing, and portability subject to any legal/audit requirements that we in turn have to comply with.
Please note though that if we hold your data as the result of you entering into a contract with a Harbour then you should contact the Harbour not us because we can only act on the instructions of the Harbour as data controller.
If you are a Harbour with whom we have entered into a contract with then we will not necessarily be able to delete your details until after the contract has ended and then subject to any audit/regulatory compliance. You may though withdraw consent to the receipt of any marketing materials from us that you may have given at any time.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at ico.org.uk/concerns.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE AND POLICIES
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.